Oh but they got me I spent the first half of my girls nap getting dinner and dessert ready for my husband and daughter when I go to work tonight. I am easily guilted, but I happen to remember two of the quickest easiest and cheapest recipes ever! Haha I win!
Two Ingredient Cookies:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (didn't count this one)
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1 can re-fried beans (i like the vegetarian, less calories and plenty of flavor)
- 1/2 lb gd beef, turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can salsa Verde (from the Mexican section of the grocery store its always better)
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- chilli powder (to taste)
In a 9 x 13 greased baking dish put a single layer of tortillas (I cut mine in half so there is less overlap). Spread on some re-fried bean, half of the meat and corn mixture, 1/3 cup of the cheese and top with the salsa. Place another layer of tortillas on top, and do the same. Top with one more later of tortillas and cover with salsa and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 375. Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
And now I can spend the rest of my time with my girl!